OPENING COMPANY ALONG WITH TALLY
1. Company info
2. F12 configure
3. Data configuration
4. Load companies on startup = “Yes”
5. Preload companies on startup = “Company name”
HOW TO CREATE ADMIN SECURITY
1. Open Company Info
3. Select Company
4. Use Security Control=”YES”
5. Name of Administrator=”National”
7. Repeat Password=”abc”
HOW TO CREATE USERS AND PASSWORDS
1. Select Company
2. Open Company info
3. Security control
4. Users and Passwords
5. Security Level=”Data Entry”
6. Name of User=”Your Name”
9. Types of Security
10. Data Entry
11. Use Basic Facilities=”Data Entry”
12. Allow the following facilities
If Multi-User version of Tally is installed in the System, more than one user can use Tally and open the same Company in more Systems at a time with systems being networked.
1. Gateway of Tally
2. F12 Configuration
3. Proxy Configuration
4. Use HTTP Proxy Server = “YES”
5. URL should be given
Accounts of different Companies belonging to the same management or owners are normally required to be consolidated to present the financial position of the Group of Companies as a whole. A Group Company can be created only for companies that have already been loaded.
Steps to create Group Company
1. Select the Companies
2. Open Alt+F3 (Company Info) and select ‘Create Group Company’.
3. Enter the Name of the Group Company, Address and Tax details.
4. The members of the group have to be selected from the popup list.
Display the Group Company view
Open any report (Balance Sheet, Trial Balance, Profit or Loss a/c etc.,)
Press F3 to select the Group Company
There you can see the consolidated amount of your member company.
Tally allows you to obtain reports on interest calculated by Tally based on the instructions you furnish. To activate Interest Calculation open ‘F11:Features’ and give ‘Yes’ to ‘Activate Interest Calculation’.
Steps To add Interest Calculation in Ledgers
In Gateway of Tally, select Accounts Info -> Ledger -> Alter.
Give ‘Yes’ to ‘Activate Interest Calculation’.
Fill up the particulars called for as given below:
Interest rate : 10%
Interest style : 365-day year
On : All Balance
Applicable From : 1.4.96
To : 31.3.97
Rounding : Normal Rounding
Display the Interest Calculation
In Gateway of Tally, select Display -> Statement of Accounts -> Interest Calculation -> Ledger and select the specified ledger.
Our Company data is stored in Data folder which is in Tally folder (C:\Users\Public\Tally.ERP9\Data). If the information becomes more and more, the data becomes heavier which causes heavy burden on the system and it becomes difficult to save in a Floppy. To avoid such a situation, Tally provides us a facility of splitting the data Year wise.
When our Data split into year wise, apart from the newly created Year wise data, the original consolidated data also available.
Steps to Split CompanyData
1. Create the Company named ‘Split & Co.’ for the financial year 1-4-2000 to 30-3-2002.
2. Now Select ‘Split Company data’ from ‘F3:Comp info’
3. Select the Company “Split & Co” whose data is to be split.
4. Now you have to split the Company Data in to two years as 1-4-2000 to 30-03-2001 and 1-4-2001 to 30-03-2002.
5. Give ’01-04-2001’, etc. in the ‘Split from’ Column.
6. Then these companies will be created ie., First Company ‘Split & Co., (from 1st Apr 2000), 65 Tally ERP9
7. Second Company: Split & Co., (from 1st Apr 2001)
MULTI LINGUAL SUPPORT
Maintaining accounts in many Indian Languages, in addition to English is a special feature of Tally 9. Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Bengali and English languages can be used in Tally ERP9
Accounts can be maintained in English and reports can be generated in Tamil, etc.,
Steps to be followed:
1) Open any Report; for example Profit & Loss a/c.
2) Click language Button.
3) Select the Desired language; for example Tamil.
TALLY PHONETIC KEYBOARDS
Our keyboard can be used to type the other languages, in English itself. For example “kaNakku” may be typed to receive கணக்கு.
COPYING TEXT FROM TALLY TO WINDOWS
Texts can be copied from Tally to other Applications and vice versa, use CTRL+ALT+C to copy and CTRL+ALT+V to paste.
BACK UP AND RESTORE
Taking one more copy of our valuable Data in some other location like Floppy, CD, Another Drive, Another Computer, etc. is called a Back up and bringing back the copy to its original location from the Back up, if original data is corrupted or damaged, is called Restore.
Steps to be followed to back up
1. Company Info
2. Back Up
3. Fix the Destination
4. Select the Companies to be backed up
Steps to be followed to restore
1. Company Info
3. Fix the Source
4. Select the Company to be restored